Sunday, March 15, 2015

Reason #78 Why I Love Polyamory


It's about the food. Well, sort of.

I like to joke with my wife that while she doesn't give me orgasms (we don't have a sexual relationship right now), she gives me countless foodgasms. And for a girl like me with tons of dietary restrictions, those are even harder to come by (pardon the pun). A professional chef, Jay cooks me meals every week that make me moan with delight and gratitude. Sometimes she asks for my input:

"What do you want for dinner tonight?"
"I don't know, something with seafood."
"More specific please."
"OK, I feel like pasta with white wine garlic sauce and parsley, fresh mussels, tomatoes, mushrooms and broccolini."
"Done."

Other times she surprises me: "Wake up sweetie! I made you a big stack of gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin pancakes."

Other times she cooks to order: "I got eggs and a bunch of vegetables. I'll make you and Bradley omelets however you want."

Jay cooks with love and humor, and has been taking care of me in the kitchen for fourteen years.


Bradley and I have had some exciting meals in the year and a half we've been dating. We've taken a ski lift to a restaurant on top of a hill, and eaten brunch in city hot spots after sex parties. No matter how good the food is, I rarely remember what I ate. What sticks in mind is the feeling of staring into each other's eyes, madly in love. We giddily rehash the previous night's sexcapades, or talk about the quirks that we adore in each other. During most of our meals we wind up marveling at our inexplicable connection, how lucky we are to have found this deep romance, how we want to grow old together.

Mack is my newest amor and he fits in my life with warmth and ease. We go to yoga classes and hiking together, and we talk about fitness and food. Sometimes he comes to my work for a quick bite on my lunch break. Sometimes we walk a mile to a restaurant. Sometimes we go grocery shopping together and he cooks for me at home. When we have time, we have wildly hot sex. Mack relaxes me and gives me perspective to slow down. With his inspiration I overhauled my breakfast routine, and I think of him every morning when I drink my super-healthy vegetable and protein packed smoothies.

Some of my favorite meals have been with multiple lovers. Potlucks that bring together all our polyamorous partners and friends. Dinner and game night with my triad and Mack's triad (his wife and her girlfriend). Or just a few days ago when I spent the afternoon with Mack and the evening with Bradley, and the three of us had dinner in between. I get giggly when I sit between two lovers, tickled at being in close proximity with multiple people I care about intimately.

I am a well-fed poly girl, and each of my relationships nurtures my soul in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment