Sunday, May 11, 2014

I love my mom!

Thank you for having the courage to share your blog with me.  I am happy for you that you are getting your sexual desires met, and doing it in a safe way.  You just didn't know what you were missing!  Great sex is mind blowing and a fantastic part of life!
Love,
Mom


That's the email my mother sent after I told her about my sex party adventures and forwarded a link to my blog. No matter how determined I am to NOT tell her something, whenever we get together, the intimate details of my life spill uncontrollably out of my mouth. I can't keep anything from that woman!

My mom is the single most kind and compassionate human being I've ever met. Her eyes well up with tears when she reads the daily newspaper. She has a keen ability to put herself in other's shoes and feel for their struggles. She passed on to me her capacity for empathy, and so I credit her with the ease at which I accepted my spouse's gender change.

I expected that my mom would be supportive when Jake came out as transgender, but I never dreamed that she would embrace my whole unconventional lifestyle. She says, "You guys are living outside the norm of what people are comfortable with, but you're still good people, you're not hurting anyone." She frequently checks in for updates on pronoun preferences, posts transgender articles to her Facebook page, and welcomed Bradley to the family when she met him.

My life changes the past year have shocked my mom; shaken her to the core and flipped her perspective upside down. Yet when she asks me questions about my choices, they are from a place of curiosity and a genuine desire to understand me, never from a place of judgment. There have been multiple occasions where she's looked like a deer in the headlights and said, "I'm going to need some time to adjust to this," but then she comes right back with the same unconditional love. I am floored by her open-mindedness.

My mom is also spunky and a truckload of fun:

"Hey mom, I'm coming by to grab some packages."
"What are they?"
"Um just some stuff from Amazon."
"Oh...?"
"Do you really want to know?"
"Of course!"
"Lingerie for me... And doctor's scrubs for Bradley." (I start giggling devilishly)
"Oh my! You two are having some fun."
"Yeah, we're too goofy to improvise role playing, so I'm going to write a script."
"Can I borrow it when you're done?"

Happy Mothers Day, Mom! I adore you.

No comments:

Post a Comment