Saturday, December 21, 2013

Poly Bliss

I wake up and kiss Jake good morning. Then I roll over and kiss Bradley good morning. Then they scoot in and gather me up in a hug sandwich. I grin and giggle, "Pinch me. Is this really my life? I really get both of you?"

The three of us have become a happy little family unit of sorts. Jake and Bradley don't have a romantic relationship, but they've developed a loving bond. It's strictly platonic when we share the bed. It's cuddle-heaven.

When we moved into our new apartment, Bradley assembled our Ikea furniture while Jake cooked us a Thanksgiving feast. I sat on the couch working on my laptop, looking up periodically and sighing with contentedness. I have never felt so overflowing with happiness and gratitude.

Lately I've been walking around the apartment singing a song from the musical Cabaret:

Beedle dee dee dee dee
Two ladies
Beedle dee dee dee dee
Two ladies
Beedle dee dee dee dee
And Brad's the only man (Ja!)
Beedle dee dee dee dee
He likes it
Beedle dee dee dee dee
We like it
Beedle dee dee dee dee
This two for one...

Twosies beats onesies
but nothing beats threes

I recently told Jake about my fear that I don't deserve this much happiness:

"I worry that my life is too good. Like something bad will have to happen to even it out."

He laughed with disbelief, "Something bad did happen. Pretty much the worst thing that could happen to our marriage. I told you I was a woman and was going to transition. Remember how this all began?"

Oh.

With a smile and a sigh- "Oh yeah."

No comments:

Post a Comment